Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Lunch Ride...

The weather has been so great lately, that I thought I'd take advantage and get out for a quick lunch ride. I've been working in Salida a lot lately and don't know much about the trails from town. This ride I'd done as a night ride before Moab so I knew I could knock it out in an hour or less.





This view looks west down "F" Street in Salida. This ride goes up to just below the "S" on the hill and then rolls (steeply at times) south through several drainages before coming back down into town. The ride is characterized by great single track, steep climbs, and some sketchy descents. Great for a quick lunch ride.





This is a shot of some of the single track that you find when you get off the dirt road climb to the top. Salida Mountain Trails is doing great work down here on a network of killer riding. I stuck to what I knew because I was on the 1x. I didn't want to spend any more time than I had to walking!




A shot of the valley below as seen through the frame of the Rig. I'm really enjoying learning to ride this bike. I had a 20 put on the back yesterday and I think that I can tell the diference. I'm working on not getting so stressed out about walking, etc. on this bike!


Anyway, if we have a winter like last year, I'll be savoring these rides in a few weeks. Fighting the peer preasure to skate ski this winter...time will tell. For now 7 miles and 1200 vert. makes for a nice quick lunch!

No comments: