Monday, April 13, 2009

Inspired....

My wife rocks!!!!


Dana after her 20 mile snow run this week!

Dana is training for her next run. This year she's decided to run in the local Collegiate Peak's Run. http://www.collegiatepeakstrailrun.org/Page.aspx?PageID=3419 She'll be doing the 25 mile version, which blows me away. I'm not a runner, never will be, I am amazed at what Dana and her friends do on the trails...so much more difficult than what I do...I can coast for goodness sakes!

So I was super excited the other morning when Dana got up and headed out the door to run with her group at 7:30 on a Saturday morning....in the snow. That's right 20 miles in the snow and cold! She's my hero! I need to get off my ass and quit making excuses for not riding...and just ride. Follow the example.

The weather has been crazy this spring...not unusual, but crazy. Too much wind and variability of conditions for my liking. Can't wait for the summer! I'll be doing my first event of the year this Saturday..... www.3psalida.com. I'm doing the race with a fast skier and a fast kayaker, feeling the self imposed pressure. I'm guessing I'll be about 10 minutes slower than last year's time over the same terrain and distance. We'll see......I try to remember to post a report from the race.

Until then I'll just keep pulling inspiration from the example of my awesome wife!

View to Mt. Princeton as the clouds lifted!

No comments: