Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Everest Camp III

2008- Drew and Matt cheking out the launch pad on the Peak in CB


Well at least that's what it felt like for a couple of hours at home last night. The wind was whipping around and our first snow of the year delivered a different kind of stoke in my belly.

I've not ever been to Everest, but its how I imagine it MUST be. Spent an afternoon on top of Wheeler Peak in New Mexico like that...another story.

The wind was driving the snow from the north and east and while taking the garbage to the garage, I had to look to the ground in order to find my way. This morning we woke to a 1/2 inch or so of snow...the mountains look amazing.

Last summer we rode without interuption through Thanksgiving and then just got slammed with winter. Really....slammed. One of those winters where you have to work to get through. Its not supposed to be that way here....banana belt my ass!

I'm not done riding for the year by a long shot...I've got about 500 miles left to meet my goal for the year...but the snow got me thinking about the turns.

My goal each year is to get at least 30 days of skiing in...not bad for a working stiff (that's what she said!)...and though I fell short last year on days, it was long on fun...
Hitting the goods from the Peak in CB - 2008





Dana, working the breakable with grace...Diamond Peak, CO Memorial Day 2008






Last ski tracks of the season...thinking about the first of the next...Diamond Peak, CO Memorial Day 2008

No comments: