Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fallin' for my 1X

View looking south across Twin Lakes. Gotta check out the Flume sometime.

About a month ago a friend from here in town and I went for a killer Fall ride just north of town. Living where we do, we often get spoiled by the fact that we can hit miles and miles of top notch trails from our doorstep. One of the issues that I had when I was in Denver was that it was a 45 minute drive to even get to dirt.

Our proximity to excellence often allows us to forget that but a short drive away are tons of additional killer rides. I convinced Dave to load up the car and head north to Lost Canyon Road, just above Granite for a Sunday afternoon ride.

Dave is a quick one and is dedicated to single-speed only off-road riding. Since I got my new 1x late this summer, I've felt compelled to ride it when going out with him. This causes many pre-ride feelings inside of me...primarily nausea.


Killer singletrack, my new Rig, Dave, and spectacular colors


Anyway, we had a great ride...great chunks of it Colorado Trail singletrack and the Interlocken trail around Twin Lakes. A manageable 23 miles made for a good workout while chasing Dave on the 1X.


The Interlocken trail goes through the old ghost resort of Interlocken...very cool.



Nothing epic about the ride other than good company and great fall views...a great Sunday ride. If you haven't done this ride, regardless of time of year, you should make it a priority. Mostly intermidiate singletrack with a few sprinkles of technical interludes.

No comments: