Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ride in the Park....

Shadow Riding!!

Well there isn't really a park, but after my deathmarch on Sunday it seemed like a ride in the park today.

The weather here was perfect. You know what I'm talking about....mid-60's, NO clouds, no wind. The sort of weather where if you could find somewhere that it was like this year round, you'd move.

I decided to take a break from work in the afternoon and head out for a quick spin on my road bike. The ride goes south on 24 to Nathrop and then past the hot springs and up the hill to the Frontier Ranch turn off and into BV on Rodeo Road. I jog back to the west before heading home for about 26 straight forward miles.
The ride was very uneventful...a great relief after the pain of Sunday. I just cruised along and enjoyed the weather and views. It won't be long before the weather won't allow for these rides.


View of Princeton from the chip seal!!


On the climb up to the top of Rodeo Road, I met a local fast roadie guy, Doug. We talked the rest of the way into town and it made the job enjoyable. Doug rides for a local road team...thoughts of skinny tires floating through my head!

1 comment:

Rick Sunderlage said...

drew- looking forward to reading about your adventures!